Skip to content

Firefighters pull woman from her smoke-filled Second Ave. apartment

Electrical malfunction of an appliance the probable cause of fire

Greater Sudbury Fire Services pulled a woman from her smoke-filled Second Avenue apartment Sunday morning.

Firefighters responded to the call of an alarm ringing at the two-storey apartment building at 9:40 a.m.

“During the primary search, a woman was pulled from her bedroom by firefighters,” said an email sent to media by Platoon Chief Andre Groulx.

“She was treated by fire personnel for smoke inhalation until paramedics arrived on scene. She was transported by ambulance to HSN. An electrical malfunction of a appliance is the probable cause of the fire. Damage was minimal.”

Only one unit was impacted by the fire, with losses estimated at just $2,000.


Verified reader

If you would like to apply to become a verified commenter, please fill out this form.