Sudbury area residents are being asked to Skip a Meal to Give a Meal. The idea is to make a contribution to the Meals on Wheels program and to help celebrate senior citizens month in June.
Meals on Wheels (MOW) Sudbury is a non-profit organization with roots that have extended more than 50 years in this community, said a news release. To maintain exceptional service to our clients, MOW Sudbury must raise funds annually to help offset the rising cost of providing the service.
To celebrate the month, the local organization is asking residents to "skip a meal" on Friday, June 2 and to make a one-time personal donation for the Skip-A-Meal to Give-A-Meal campaign.
"Your donation will not only help give a meal to seniors in need, in our community, but also demonstrate our commitment to social responsibility and community engagement," said the news release.
Meals on Wheels said there are several ways area residents can support the campaign along with the one-time individual donation.
- Make a corporate donation (or matching funds raised) to Skip A Meal to Give A Meal.
- Encourage your employees to participate in the campaign by donating the cost of a meal (approx. $25*).
- Promote the campaign on your social media channels and encourage your followers to donate.
- Create a workplace or fundraising challenge to see which department can fund the most meals for the campaign
- Create a corporate challenge where businesses compete to see which company can fund the most meals for the campaign.
Meals on Wheels said this campaign could mean the difference between eating and not eating for some of the most vulnerable members of our community.
Those who are interested in participating in this one-day Skip-A-Meal to Give-A- Meal campaign on June 2 and would like to make a corporate donation, please contact Tammy Gran ([email protected]) or Natalie Parent ([email protected]) or call the Meals on Wheels Office at 705-525-4554 asking for the executive director.