The City of Greater Sudbury has adopted a new Community Improvement Plan (CIP) for Downtown Sudbury.
Through this plan, financial assistance may be available to owners or tenants who wish to invest in a Downtown property.
The CIP provides funds for:
- Feasibility studies (maximum grant of $5,000)
- Façade improvement (maximum grant of $15,000)
- Planning Fee Rebates (maximum grant of $5,000)
- Building Permit Fee Rebates (maximum grant of $30,000)
- Residential Incentives (maximum grant of $200,000)
- Multi-residential Interest Free Loan (maximum loan of $250,000)
- Tax Increment Equivalent Grants
The City has launched an Expression of Interest (EOI) period as of April 18.
The EOI document is available online at www.greatersudbury.ca/dscip or can be picked up in person at the Planning Services desk on the 3rd Floor of Tom Davies Square.
All submissions that meet the eligibility criteria will be brought forward to Council for its consideration.
An information session will occur on May 2 from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. in room C-12 at Tom Davies Square. At this session, information regarding timelines, program objectives and application requirements will be provided.
All interested individuals are encouraged to attend.