A fatal fire that killed an elderlywoman at a downtown seniors residencejust over a week ago has been deemed accidental.
The Ontario Fire Marshal?s office says it may take months before they can determine the exact cause of the fire. However, a preliminary investigation has confirmed the fire was an accident.
The fire broke out on the second floor of the Champlain Lodge Seniors Residence on Dec. 29 and when firefighters arrived, they found a male resident outside his room suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
The elderly man died later in hospital.
Greater Sudbury Police haven?t released the name of the man who died as a result of the fire.