A 43-year-old Sudbury woman was one of three people hit with a laundry list of charges after Mattawa OPP stopped a vehicle in Papineau-Cameron Township on Feb. 5.
At around 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 5, officers from the Mattawa Detachment of the OPP stopped a vehicle for a speeding. Officers became suspicious of the occupants and began an investigation.
After police investigation officers seized suspected ecstasy tablets, suspected methamphetamine pills, two revolver firearms, ammunition, suspected cannabis marijuana, suspected cannabis resin, suspected cocaine and a large amount of Canadian currency.
Three people were charged with numerous offences.
A 43-year-old Sudbury woman, a 39-year-old man from Gatineau, QC, and a 40-year-old man from Gatineau, QC were all charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Other Drugs (two counts)
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition (two counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm (two counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (two counts)
- Possessing Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was Firearm (two counts)
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime (two counts)
The OPP is continuing their investigation.
All three accused have been remanded into custody pending bail at the Ontario Court of Justice in North Bay.