A NorthernLife.ca reader shot some dramatic video of a car fire on Albert Street, across from the Marguerite and Gerry Lougheed Community Centre in the West End, Saturday.
Greater Sudbury Services Platoon Chief Mark Gobbo said the fire was due to a mechanical malfunction.
“It was just a simple car fire,” he said.
The fire department does not suspect any foul play related to the fire.
By Sunday morning, the car did not have its licence plates.
Gobbo said firefighters did not remove the plates.
“I'm not sure what the status of the plates were on the vehicle before,” he said.