Public Health Sudbury and Districts (PHSD) is looking for a full-time, permanent, Oral and Vision Health Program Manager.
Are you the right person for this position? Read on to find out.
“The successful candidate should be motivated, have excellent leadership qualities, and be able to promote cooperative planning and decision making with other teams and divisions,” said a spokesperson.
The position is a full-time, partial on-site position. “This means the program manager can work remotely, but is expected to attend on-site regularly,” said the spokesperson.
Among other responsibilities, PHSD lists the following as key to this position:
- Management of assigned personnel, programs, research, and evaluation projects, and, for assisting the Director in overall divisional administration.
- Implements professional standards in accordance with the HPPA and professional colleges and related Acts.
- Investigates and resolves complaint situations, prepares and presents prosecution and defence material for court actions, appeal board hearings and other legal matters.
- Leads the development of activity/program plans and logic models for assigned programs. Plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates assigned programs and projects.
- Provides periodic and annual reports as appropriate to the Director for inclusion in the director’s reports to the Medical Officer of Health, Board of Health and the government.
For a full list of responsibilities, prospective applicants can go here.
“We are looking for someone with a recognized degree in Dentistry, Dental Hygiene or related health discipline, like Nursing, or Health Promotion. A Master’s degree is an asset,” said the spokesperson.
“In addition, a minimum of five years’ experience in clinical dentistry/dental hygiene or a relevant setting, combined with progressive supervisory and administrative responsibility, experience in community partnerships, education and in applied community health research, including program planning and evaluation. This is a management position, so the applicable management experience is very important.”
The successful candidate will be a member in good standing with the applicable regulatory college. Either a valid certification to practice dentistry in Ontario, from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, and the candidate must maintain the certification throughout their employment; or a valid certification to practice dental hygiene in Ontario from the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and must maintain the certification throughout their employment, is necessary. Valid membership with another health regulatory college in Ontario may be considered.
“The Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required, as well as a valid Ontario driver’s license,” said the spokesperson. Other requirements for the position can be found here.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience, and will be in the range of $92,947.40 – $106-288.00/ annually.
Send resumés with cover letter to: Human Resources, Corporate Services Division, Public Health Sudbury & Districts, 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3 or by email to [email protected].
Please include the recruitment number, #23-185, in the subject line. Please include cover letter and resumé in one PDF or Word document.
The deadline for applying for this position is Wednesday September 27 at 4:30 p.m.
For more information, call 705.522.9200, ext. 570; fax: 705.522.5182, or go here.