Life can change in the blink of an eye.
One day, Sarah Thibault and her partner Jesse were working hard to build their roofing business and the next, Sarah was facing surgery for a rare brain tumour.
Sarah went under the knife, not once, but three times. As if that wasn't enough, she was diagnosed with an aggressive form of multiple sclerosis.
Despite a grim prognosis, she’s overcome paralysis on the right side of her body and recovers mobility daily. Friends and family say it’s her positive attitude and unbreakable spirit that keeps her defying the odds and sharing her experience on Facebook through Sarah’s Journey.
Watch as Sudbury.com added a little sunshine to the family's day when we showed up at their new home with a few surprises.
Each month, Sudbury.com surprises an amazing person or family with an Act of Kindness in hopes of making a positive difference in our community.
Check out more AOK videos here.
Do you know someone who:
- Is a quiet hero giving tirelessly of their time and energy to positively impact the well-being of the community
- Is making a profound impact through acts of courage, compassion, selflessness or sacrifice despite their own challenges
- Has been faced with a painful loss or faced multiple challenges
- Is experiencing financial hardships despite determined efforts to overcome them
- Has been diagnosed or living with a debilitating illness and requires assistance
Nominate them to be our next Acts of Kindness recipient at www.sudbury.com/aok.