The Minnow Lake Restoration Group is holding a public meeting on the Ramsey Lake watershed and development issues that may be impacting the health of the lake on May 9 at the Canadian Legion Branch 76.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m. Anyone concerned about Ramsey Lake water quality is invited to attend. There is no cost.
On hand providing his expertise as a resource will be Brad Bowman, a senior environmental scientist and the president of Sudburyh firm N.A.R. Environmental Consultants. Also on hand will be Tom Price, an advisor to Ward 2 Coun. Michael Vagnini.
Topics that will be highlighted during the meeting include:
- The potential for source contamination of Ramsey Lake;
- Sodium levels in the lake;
- Cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) blooms;
- Water source protection plan and monitoring; and
- How weather and climate impact the David Street Water Treatment Plant.
Further information can be found at MinnowLake.ca.